Picture it: You walk into the drugstore to grab some new moisturizer and find nearly 100 options staring back at you. Nowadays, there are product options for every skin type, texture, and tone. But how do you know which one is right for you? It can be so overwhelming when you’re just looking for something that works. That’s why we talked to a panel of RealSelf skin pros to find out what drugstore products they recommend to their patients and actually use themselves. In addition to the doctor’s seal of approval, most of the products below are also affordable. You might want to bookmark this one for the next time you’re in the beauty aisle.
1. Avène Extremely Gentle Cleanser Lotion: The main ingredient in this cleanser is the thermal spring water, which you can buy separately. This cleanser goes on like a creamy lotion, so it’s especially suited for dry skin. ($24, drugstore.com)
2. Simple Cleansing Micellar Water: Simple Skincare was one brand we heard time and time again from our panel of derms, especially in the cleansing category. This lightweight makeup-removing liquid works to get rid of grime and oil without drying out the skin. ($7, drugstore.com)
3. Neutrogena Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes: Dermatologist Michele Green, M.D. says these wipes are her favorite from the drugstore. They are perfect for removing foundation and mascara, even when you don’t have the energy to roll out of bed. ($5, amazon.com)
4. Boots No. 7 Quick Thinking 4-in-1 Wipes: This hypo-allergenic, on-the-go cleansing solution is perfect for sensitive skin types. ($7, ulta.com)
5. Klorane Floral Water Makeup Remover: “The key ingredient in this makeup remover is cornflower, which has soothing, softening and anti-inflammatory properties,” says dermatologist Joel Schlessinger, M.D. “This product is also free of parabens, alcohol, and fragrance, making it gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin.” ($10, drugstore.com)
The post 36 Drugstore Skincare Products That Really Work, According To The Skin Pros appeared first on SELF.